Home » Shadwell

Category Archives: Shadwell

Architects & Places

Make the Pictures Bigger

Click on any picture to enlarge it.
Use the browser back button to return to the post.

St Mary and St Michael, Commercial Road, Shadwell (Roman Catholic)

A very large church, with a truncated west tower. It was designed by W.W. Wardell and built 1856 and repaired by Arthur Sterrett following war damage.

shadwell_st_mary_and_st_michael_rc141113_7 shadwell_st_mary_and_st_michael_rc141113_2
 shadwell_st_mary_and_st_michael_rc141113_4  shadwell_st_mary_and_st_michael_rc141113_5

St Mary, Cable Street, Shadwell

By Frederick J. Francis from 1848-50. A prominent spire amongst the housing.

shadwell_st_mary141113_  shadwell_st_mary_cable_street190412_6
 shadwell_st_mary_cable_street190412_2  shadwell_st_mary_cable_street190412_1
 shadwell_st_mary_cable_street190412_  shadwell_st_mary_cable_street190412_3
 shadwell_st_mary_cable_street190412_4